Do you want to know how to strap luggage together that keep your bags safe and sound during your travel?
If you travel with more than one bag, it helps to have them lashed together or attached when checking or transporting them. Lashing straps and special nylon webbing help keep the luggage together until you need to check the bags at the counter. Keeping them lashed together helps you move through the airport or travel areas more efficiently, as the luggage acts as one solid unit, particularly helpful if you have one wheeled bag and the others without wheels.
Place the heaviest bag on the ground or on an wheeled luggage dolly. Stack the lighter bags successively on top of each other. Bring a bungee cord up and around each bag to lash it to the one prior.
Wrap a large luggage strap over all bags, running it through the handles or loops. Tighten the strap as tight as possible to make the bags compress together, making one solid unit.
What You Will Need
To do this, you will need:
- Long luggage strap like this one
- Add on strap
How To Strap Luggage Together Using Long Luggage Strap?
Strap your bags together with the help of a long luggage strap is so easy and stress-free. All you need to do is to follow these steps simply:
1. Pack you big rolling bag, or no matter what piece of a suitcase is the biggest, with the majority of the heaviness on the base. This will keep hooked-together bag combination from becoming too top-heavy.
2. Stand the big rolling luggage upright, ensure the handle is pulled out.
3. Hold onto the handle of the bag, while at the same time lifting the second most significant piece of the suitcase, like a rolling carry-on, to the pinnacle of the bigger suitcase. Lean the slighter bag against the handle of the bigger bag. But, ensure the handle is pulled out.
4. Put an extra long luggage strap beneath the big luggage, and pull it up, so the buckle end is placed midway up the front of the big bags.
5. Pull the opposite end of the luggage strap over the rear of the big and slightest pockets, and then allow it hang over the fronts of the two bags.
6. Thread the luggage strap in the buckle in accordance to the specific style of the fastener. Pull it tight, but not so close that the lower or upper suitcase becomes curved.
The conclusion of using a luggage straps
There are many ways on how to keep your luggage safe, and one of them is through hooking the luggage together.
Aside from keeping safety and security, hooking your bag also gives you stress-free travel. By hooking your suitcases together allows for fast and hassle-free traveling, most especially if you are with your kids or loved ones.
This also avoids misplacing the small bags. On the other hand, to make the most of hooking your luggage together, it is highly advisable to use high-quality luggage strap.